Monday, November 18, 2013

Something You Don't Know About Me


Most of the people who read this blog know that at one time I was much heavier.  What they don't know is that starting as a child, I was an avid artist.  I stopped in 2007 cold and never picked up a brush or touched clay again.  I don't know why. In 2010, I destroyed my entire portfolio.  Again, I don't know why but I do know it was a part of a huge purge of belongings that seemed to be tying me to a painful past that I needed to let go.  It was literally and figuratively, taking out the trash. The sculpture pictured here is part of what I destroyed.  The paintings and drawing were not as they were sold as commissioned work years earlier.  Sometimes you just need to cauterize the wounds of the past.

I had no idea that I still had these images anywhere but I found them saved in an album on facebook.  This is far from the scope of what I produced, only the couple of pics that I ever loaded to facebook.  I guess that site is good for something.

For your enjoyment:









Some decisions you live to regret.  This may be one of those.  The jury is still out.

2 comments:

  1. We change sometimes so that we can do something different. You can go backwards or forwards and still be the same person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible! Such talent, such a gift. I think you (re)found your next career!!!

    ReplyDelete